If you’re like me, you crave ice cream, always. This recipe for vegan cantaloupe ice cream is a game changer. It’s creamy, naturally sweet, and totally decadent – minus all the other junk that’s usually in ice cream. Did I mention it’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, and contains no added refined sugar? BOOM.
- 3 wedges of cantaloupe, 1-inch thick, skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from a can)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Make in ice cream mixer per instructions. I used a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, and it took about 20 minutes to churn. Serve immediately.
serves | 6 scoops