Inadvertently gluten-free. Exceedingly delicious.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (you could also use quinoa, bulgur, etc.)
- 1 cup roasted vegetables, cut into small cubes (I used sweet potatoes, carrots, onions)
- a handful of arugula
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- olive oil
- 1 acorn squash, sliced into thick rings, seeds removed
- dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 420F.
2. Mix rice, roasted vegetables, arugula, and paprika in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. In a small separate bowl, mix parmesan and almond meal. Set aside.
3. Lightly drizzle a baking tray with olive oil and arrange acorn squash rings. Fill the center of the rings with rice mix, or heap on top of rings with no center. Sprinkle with parmesan mix. Note: place the top of the squash (with the stem attached) face down with no filling.
4. Drizzle the tray again with olive oil and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the tops of the tarts are golden and crispy. Garnish with dried cranberries.
serves | 4