- 1 1/5 cups whole wheat flour (regular flour is fine, too, but you won’t get the added benefit of fiber)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional – include if you like your pancakes sweeter)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk, or other milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp oil, canola or coconut
- 2 tbsp molasses
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, oil, and molasses; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook on each side until golden brown. Serve.
Serving suggestions: delicious when layered with yogurt (I used siggi’s 0% vanilla), fruit, nuts, caramel, and of course, maple syrup.
serves | 2-3