This chocolate peanut butter protein bowl will have you convinced you’re having dessert for breakfast. But with only six ingredients, it’s actually nutrient-dense and packed with protein to keep you full throughout the morning. Quinoa does sweet and indulgent pretty darn well.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (other other milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 date, minced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp peanut
- recommended toppings: extra peanut butter, strawberries, yogurt, maple syrup, banana
1. In a pot bring almond milk, coconut milk, cocoa powder, and date to a boil. Add quinoa, cover pot with lid and cook for 15 minutes. Do not remove the lid or stir while cooking. Turn off heat and let the quinoa sit in the covered pot for a further 5 minutes to soak up any additional liquid.
2. Add peanut butter and stir through. Serve with your favorite toppings.
serves | 4