- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup roasted squash (butternut, acorn, delicata all work), cubed
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cilantro (including stems), finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- rind of 1 lemon; the rest of the lemon cut into 6 wedges
1. In a medium pot, heat butter, celery, and onion over medium heat until vegetables are slightly softened. Remove from heat.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot, excluding the lemon wedges, and season well with salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Remove giblets and rinse the poultry cavity with cold water before stuffing. Stuff the cavity with mix, adding a lemon wedge intermittently so they are evenly dispersed in the bird’s cavity.
4. Bake poultry per cooking instructions. For a rather delicious roast chicken, check out my recipe for the perfect roast chicken.
makes | 4 cups stuffing